Saturday 12 July 2014

Czech-ing out

I can't believe it's over already.  Today was our last day in Prague.  In the wee hours of the morning we'll be heading to the airport and back to Toronto.  I can't help but feel a little melancholy.  We've had such a wonderful time here, above and beyond how well our donor egg cycle has gone so far.  I was a little worried before we came that, if I didn't wind up pregnant, I'd feel like we had wasted our time and money in coming here.  But we've had such an amazing vacation on top of things that I know that even in the face of a BFN, that won't be the case.  We needed this.  We deserved this.

We took it easy the day of the transfer and stayed at the hotel, apart from a quick jaunt to a nearby restaurant for dinner.  The next day we headed to the National Gallery of Prague to check out its exhibits of 19th and 20th century Czech and European art.  Imagine how I felt when we walked in the front door and this was the very first thing we saw:



There was no placard or anything nearby (these were in the lobby) to tell us who the artist was or what the piece was titled, but its meaning was obvious.  I'd love to take it as a sign of some kind, but then again we all know I don't believe in that sort of stuff.  Right?

One of the other really cool things we did was take a dinner cruise on the Vltava River at sunset.  There was a small band playing jazz and swing while we ate, and the only thing that would have made the meal better would have been if I could have had wine.  Sad trombone.  It also gave us an opportunity to take some awesome nighttime photos of the city from the river.



What can I say, I like me some dramatic moon shots.

As of right now I'm 3dp5dt and feeling nada.  Not like I ever do, or even should.  I know that.  I'm also trying really hard not to think about how I'm going to be feeling a week from now, because every time I even remotely contemplate peeing on a stick my heart starts to pound and my stomach clenches and I want to crawl into bed and curl into a ball.

If only I could stay here for the rest of my two week wait.  I think that might help.  Oh well.  At least I'll be seeing this little face pretty soon:

Missed this guy!

20 comments:

  1. OMG, I love those pics! Reminds me of a Van Gogh painting. Safe travels to you, M and Embie today. Happy reunion with Buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful photos! so glad you had a great holiday after all the stress you've been through lately. Safe travels home. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful pictures! Okay I hope you don't mind all the questions next....
    Do you know how many will freeze for sure? Where will the frozen embryos stay? Any FET from here on out, can it be done at your RE office?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos! I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip, regardless of the outcome of this transfer (although I'm super hopeful that will be a success too)! I'm sure Buddy will be happy to have you home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you got an great vacation out of the experience, really hoping this is the one for you. Buddy looks like hes getting too comfortable and he needs a shake up. :-).

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad you've been able to enjoy yourself and really have a good time over there!!! My fingers are crossed for you, girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you had such an amazing trip, but I still really hope you'll get to take that extra special souvenir home! Those statues seem like a wonderful sign :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thinking super extra good thoughts for you for your embie! Stick baby stick! (And the photos are amazing!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, those statues! I would definitely take it as a good sign.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay! You're PUPO. So exciting. I'm glad your vacation was so wonderful. Hoping your 2 week wait flies by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi there, just discovered your blog as I'm in my own 2ww he'll, and I was surfing for hopeful stories. I had 2 fresh ivf attempts...both ended in chemical pregnancies. I just had a sequential transfer of 1 day 3 embryo and 1 day 5 blast. I'm currently 2dp5dt.

    My fingers are crossed we both get good news this cycle!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks gorgeous! I'd take the statues as a sign ;) I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my god my heart leapt when I saw those statues! Holy crap, I am the most non-religious person out there but that is a lovely sign indeed. If this works, you'll have to make a few return pilgrimages to the Czech Republic -- it'll be such a special place. Dying over here waiting to see what the pee stick says but I also am a big fan of waiting until you know it won't be blurry/faint... eek...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those statues. Unbelievable. You are threaded into the universe and it's flinging signs to you. They made me feel a little heartsick. If I had seen those at the wrong moment...so painful!

    I'm glad to hear you got to absorb that Prague beauty. What a bonus! xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    Carpet Tiles Abu Dhabi

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is really nice post works well and easy to configure...thanks for all info.
    Bamboo Blinds Dubai

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, Fantastic its looks so astounding. Much obliged to you for sharing this article and keep doing awesome.rubber flooring suppliers in dubai

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great job, This content is very very great content, I got really good information from this content and it helps me a lot, I hope it can help many people like me.
    Dubai Blinds


    ReplyDelete

  19. Hello man! Incredible post however I extremely needed to simply drop a remark on your blog. Your blog has a super cool outline. Is this wordpress by possibility?
    pvc skirting dubai

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for sharing such important information. It will be very useful for us in future. Good keep it up and keep writing. Read more about
    Leather for Furniture Upholstery

    ReplyDelete

I'm needy and your comments validate me. Help a sister out!